Friday, April 29, 2011

Thirty Day Music Challenge: Day One

Hello Everybody.  Thanks for stopping by.  

Music has been a huge part of my life for a very long time.  The first time I remember completely losing myself while rocking out to a song was when I was five years old.  The song was "Robbie Robot" from Up With People's 1983 album, Live in Concert.  I got the tape as a gift from my grandmother and listened to it on my Fisher Price Cassette player.  I can still sing the chorus to that goofy song.

I saw this daily blog challenge on Cooper Avenue, a mommy blog that my wife introduced me to.  I've been exceptionally busy these past few days and it doesn't look to be letting up for several more weeks, so hopefully this will allow me to put out some moderately interesting stuff even if I'm too busy to sit down and write a full post.

Here is the outline for the 30-day challenge.


MUSIC CHALLENGE
Day 1 – What Is Your Favorite Song Right Now?
Day 2 – What Song That Was No 1 When You Were Born?
Day 3 – What Song Has The Highest Play Count On Your iTunes (Or Other Music Player)?
Day 4 – What Song Do You Play When You’re Feeling Happy?
Day 5 – What Song Do You Play When You’re Feeling Sad?
Day 6 – What Song Do You Play When You’re Angry?
Day 7 – What Song Do You Play When You're Chilling Out?
Day 8 – What Was The Last Song You Listened To?
Day 9 – What Is The Earliest Song You Can Remember From Your Childhood?
Day 10 – For You What Song Defines The 70’s?
Day 11 – For You What Song Defines The 80’s?
Day 12 – For You What Song Defines The 90’s?
Day 13 – For You What Song Defines The 00’s?
Day 14 – What Song Was Your First 7”/12”/Cass/CD/mp3 purchase?
Day 15 – What Song Do You Hate The Most?
Day 16 – Post A Song From Your Favourite Artist/Band
Day 17 – Post A Song That You Want The World To Hear
Day 18 – What Song Makes You Want To Sing Out Loud?
Day 19 – What Song Makes You Want To Dance?
Day 20 – What Song Makes You Want To Rock Out?
Day 21 – What Song Is Your Biggest Guilty Pleasure?
Day 22 – What Song Gets Stuck In Your Head The Most?
Day 23 – What Song Reminds You Of A Person?
Day 24 – What Song Reminds You Of A Place?
Day 25 – What Song Reminds You Of A Happy Moment In Your Life?
Day 26 – What Song Reminds You Of A Sad Moment In Your Life?
Day 27 – What Song Would You Like Played At Your Wedding/Union?
Day 28 – What Song Would You Like Played At Your Funeral?
Day 29 – What Song Would You Consider To Be The “Soundtrack Of Your Life”?
Day 30 – Looking Back On Your Answers, What Is Your All Time Favorite Song?

So here goes.

My favorite song right now is probably Like A Friend from Pulp's This is Hardcore album.  It's just a fantastic Brit-pop song with a great hook.  I'll attach a video after this disclaimer:

I hate Pulp videos.  I hate seeing how douchey their lead singer looks and acts as he sneers his way through the song.  Nevertheless it is probably my favorite song right now and it has been for several years.  "You are the cut that makes me hide my face. You are the party that makes me feel my age." is, in my humble opinion, one of the best lyrics ever written.  

Here's the vid:


See you tomorrow with the number one song when I was born.





No comments:

Post a Comment